September 04, 2009 04:55 AM PDT
This podcast covers Harry Nilsson and his career up to 1974.
1.Rainmaker* (Single Version; HARRY; 1969)
2.Without Her* (Pandemonium Shadow Show; 1967)
3.Don’t Leave Me* (Aerial Ballet; 1968)
4.Open Your Window* (HARRY; 1969)
5.The Beehive State** (by Randy Newman) (Nilsson Sings Newman; 1970)
6.Are You Sleeping?** (The Point!; 1971)
7.Driving Along# (Nilsson Schmilsson; 1971)
8.The Lottery Song# (Son Of Schmilsson; 1972)
9.It Had To Be You+ (by Isham Jones & Gus Khan) (A Little Touch Of Schmilsson In The Night; 1973)
10.All My Life^ (Pussy Cats; 1974)
11.She’s Leaving Home* (by John Lennon & Paul McCartney) (Pandemonium Shadow Show; 1967)
12.Daybreak** (Son Of Dracula; 1973)
Produced by *Rick Jarrard, **Harry Nilsson, #Richard Perry, +Derek Taylor and ^John Lennon
All songs written by Harry Nilsson, except where noted
February 10, 2009 05:01 AM PST
Hi! It's been way too long! Here's a new podcast.
1.So Glad To See You Here – Wings (P. McCartney)
2.You’ll Never See My Face Again – Bee Gees (B. Gibb/R. Gibb/M. Gibb)
3.Next Time You See Her – Eric Clapton (E. Clapton)
4.Vultures – John Mayer (J. Mayer/P. Palladino/S. Jordan)
5.The Girl With No Name – The Byrds (C. Hillman)
6.Life Itself – Bruce Springsteen (B. Springsteen)
7.You’re Only Human (Second Wind) – Billy Joel (B. Joel)
Hope you enjoy it and I'll see you soon!
my blog: http://dsl89.blogspot.com
November 15, 2008 08:28 AM PST
Welcome to the long overdue new episode! This one focuses on…you guessed it…Paul McCartney! These are mostly rare tracks from 1970-1979!
1.That Would Be Something [from “McCartney”]
2.Oh Woman Oh Why [B-Side to “Another Day”; “RAM” sessions]
3.Wild Life [from “Wild Life”]
4.The Mess [“Red Rose Speedway” Sessions]
5.Bluebird [from “Band On The Run”]
6.My Carnival [B-Side to “Spies Like Us”; “Venus And Mars” sessions]
7.San Ferry Anne [from “Wings At The Speed Of Sound”]
8.Waterspout [“London Town” sessions]
9.Cage [“Back To The Egg” sessions]
All tracks produced by Paul McCartney
Performed by Wings, except “That Would Be Something” and “Oh Woman Oh Why” by Paul McCartney
October 09, 2008 09:18 AM PDT
Here's the long-awaited final podcast on Ringo Starr. (Yes, I recorded thisawhile ago!)
1. Don't Go Where The Road Don't Go* (Gary Grainger, Johnny Warman & Richard Starkey) [from "Time Takes Time"]
2. Puppet (Richard Starkey, Dean Grakal, Mark Hudson & Steve Dudas) [from "Vertical Man"]
3. I Think Therefore I Rock And Roll (Dean Grakal, Mark Hudson, Paul Santo & Richard Starkey) [from "Ringorama"]
4. Choose Love (Gary Burr, Mark Hudson & Richard Starkey) [from "Choose Love"]
5. Now That She's Gone Away*** (Gary Burr, Mark Hudson & Richard Starkey) [from "Liverpool 8"]
6. It Don't Come Easy** (Richard Starkey)
All tracks produced by Mark Hudson & Ringo Starr
*Produced by Jeff Lynne
**Produced by George Harrison
***Reproduced by David A. Stewart & Ringo Starr
September 18, 2008 02:17 PM PDT
Here's another episode, featuring Ringo!
1. Attention*** (Paul McCartney) [from "Stop And Smell The Roses"]
2. I'll Still Love You (When Every Song Is Sung)* (George Harrison) [from "Ringo's Rotogravure"]
3. Out On The Streets* (Richard Starkey & Vini Poncia) [from "Ringo The 4th"]
4. Heart On My Sleeve** (Benny Gallagher & Graham Lyle) [from "Bad Boy"]
5. You've Got A Nice Way# (Stephen Stills & Michael Stergis) [from "Stop And Smell The Roses"]
6. In My Car## (Richard Starkey & Joe Walsh) [from "Old Wave"]
7. Picture Show Life## (John Slate & John Reid) [from "Old Wave"]
8. A Man Like Me** (Ruan Olachainn) [from "Bad Boy"]
Produced by *Arif Mardin, **Vini Poncia, ***Paul McCartney, #Stephen Stills and ##Joe Walsh
September 11, 2008 05:49 PM PDT
Welcome to another episode, this one featuring Ringo Starr's Apple Albums!
1. Early 1970+ (Richard Starkey)
2. Stardust* (Hoagy Carmichael/Mitchell Parish; Arranged by Paul McCartney) [from "Sentimental Journey"]
3. I Wouldn’t Have You Any Other Way** (with Jeannie Kendall on duet vocals and The Jordinaires on backing vocals) (Chuck Howard) [from "Beacoups Of Blues"]
4. Devil Woman*** (Richard Starkey/Vini Poncia) [from "Ringo"]
5. All By Myself*** (Richard Starkey/Vini Poncia) [from "Goodnight Vienna"]
6. Coochy Coochy** (Richard Starkey)
7. (It’s All Da-Da-Da-Down To) Goodnight Vienna*** (Reprise) (John Lennon) [from "Goodnight Vienna"]
8. Six O’clock*** (Paul McCartney) [from "Ringo"]
Produced by: *George Martin, **Pete Drake, ***Richard Perry and +George Harrison
September 03, 2008 02:48 PM PDT
Welcome to a unique episode, concentrating on Bob Dylan's short-lived infatuation with Christian music during his (also short-lived) tenure as a Born-Again Christian.
2. Slow Train
3. Property Of Jesus
4. The Groom's Still Waiting At The Altar
5. Solid Rock
6. Gospel Plow
7. Precious Angel
All tracks written by Bob Dylan, except "Saved", by Bob Dyaln & Tim Drummond.
"Gospel Plow" is a traditional song, arranged by Bob Dylan
"Slow Train" & "Precious Angel" were taken from "Slow Train Comming", produced by Jerry Wexler & Barry Beckett
"Saved" & "Solid Rock" were taken from "Saved", produced by Jerry Wexler & Barry Beckett
"Property Of Jesus" & "The Groom's Still Waiting At The Altar" were taken from "Shot Of Love", produced by Bob Dylan & Chuck Plotkin
"Gospel Plow" was taken from "Bob Dylan", produced by John Hammond
August 18, 2008 03:49 PM PDT
Here is the 25th episode, covering John Lennon's entire solo career, which we all know was unfortunately cut short.
1. Instant Karma! (We All Shine On)*
2. Hold On* (from "John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band")
3. How?* (from "Imagine")
4. John Sinclair* (from "Some Time In New York City")
5. Only People# (from "Mind Games")
6. What You Got# (from "Walls & Bridges")
a. Rip It Up
b. Ready Teddy (Robert 'Bumps' Blackwell/John Marascalco)# (from "Rock 'N' Roll")
8. Cleanup Time^ (from "Double Fantasy")
9. Nobody Told Me** (from "Milk & Honey")
10. Nobody Loves You (When You're Down And Out)#
All songs written by John Lennon, excpet where noted.
Produced by: *John & Yoko and Phil Spector, #John Lennon, ^John & Yoko and Jack Douglas, **John & Yoko.
August 04, 2008 05:05 PM PDT
Here, a little bit late, is number 24, featuring Simon & Garfunkel!
1. Bookends Theme# (from "Bookends")
2. Sparrow* (from "Wednesday Morning, 3 AM")
3. Blessed** (from "Sounds Of Silence")
4. The Big Bright Green Pleasure Machine** (from "Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme")
5. Anji** (from "Sounds Of Silence")
6. America# (from "Bookends")
7. Keep The Customer Satisfied# (from "Bidge Over Troubled Water")
8. Cloudy** (from "Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme")
9. You Don't Know Where Your Interest Lies#
10. The Sounds Of Silence* (from "Wednesday Morning, 3 AM")
11. Song For The Asking# (from "Bidge Over Troubled Water")
12. I Am A Rock** (from "Sounds Of Silence")
Produeced by: *Tom Wilson, **Bob Johnston, #Paul Simon, #Art Garfunkel and #Roy Halee.
All songs were written by Paul Simon, except "Anji", which was written by Davey Graham.
Paul Simon plays guitar and sings, along with Art Garfunkel. Various studio musicians added to the backing tracks and should not be forgotten.
July 25, 2008 03:43 AM PDT
Here's #23! Featuring The Police!
1. Can't Stand Losing You (Sting) [From "Outlandos d'Amour"]
2. Contact* (Stewart Copeland) [from "Regatta De Blanc"]
3. When the World Is Running Down, You Make the Best of What's Still Around* (Sting) [from "Zenyatta Mondatta"]
4. Ωmega Man** (Andy Summers) [from "Ghost In The Machine"]
5. Low Life* (Sting) [B-Side to "Spirits In The Material World"]
6. O My God** (Sting) [from "Synchronicity"]
7. De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da* (Sting) [from "Zenyatta Mondatta]
8. Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic** (Sting) [from "Ghost In The Machine"]
Produced by The Police, with *Nigel Grey and **Hugh Padgham.
The Police are Sting (bass, vocals), Andy Summers (guitars, vocals) and Stewart Copeland (drums, vocals).